Saturday, November 25, 2006

hIatUs.........

 Hi there!
                 In case u thought I had got my just desserts and had been doomed to spent the rest of my life in Timbaktu , this blog is bad news..I'm hearty and sane, which means that my customary drab posts will keep coming till my faculties choose, on a fine morning, to ditch me like yesterday's news. My good ol' friend DC's comment on my last post set me 'thinking', a lot more seriously than is my wont. Being the undiscerning person that I am, I took his words very seriously.
Little did I realise that it was actually a subtle chide,imploring me to stop my queer gibberish. But all this is besides the point. One of my buddies had tagged me aeons ago,& after looking at the state of my blog, probably forgot all about it.The deal was to write 6 weird things about myself,ergo...

  1. Contrary to the vox populi,I don't suffer from any form of Caligynephobia(fear of beautiful women). Over the years, some unkindly people have gone up to the extent of asking me whether I've taken an oath of celibacy. And not completely without reason. My social skills are,charitably put,very poor.But I'm improving.Some day........
  2. It takes me close to an eternity to put my thoughts into words. This can be partially explained by the fact that my thoughts have to meander through a lot of adipose tissue before it can reach my hands and eventually,my fingers.Or its some form of a dyslexia!
  3. I've always considered myself to be a good actor.In fact,my acting skills have saved me a lot of trouble, especially at home.Period.
  4. I have this wonderful gift of appearing more talented or intelligent than is the case. I'm the  perfect case in point for the saying 'appearances are deceptive'. And often, people get fooled, the latest being  my employer MindTree. It's Upshot: Mr Ashok Soota will be losing some hair and a lot of sleep in the near future.
  5. I dont know why,but I'm pretty scared of talking to strangers on phone.
  6. I suspect the waiters at my favourite food joint don't particularly like my presence. And  I'm not too surprised.If there's one thing that characterises my weekly jaunts,apart from my homer like appetite, its  my  stingy tipping habits. But then,I've started to change.The other day,I left a brand new 2 rupees coin.The waiter musta been overjoyed!

~~cheers~~ 

8 Comments:

Blogger Garam Bheja Fry said...

...houston!! houston!! can you hear me!! he's ALIVE..Ican see hi..eeeyaa *kaBOOOom*

how did it feel to sign in to blogger at long last??

your scrapcount was getting near to your (hitcount)^2...hehe
Btw keep scribblin...your writing style makes me to visit this place more often, given it IS dusted by the keeper pretty often!! :D

7:08 PM  
Blogger neo said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

3:38 PM  
Blogger neo said...

Well the time is not far, when u look back at ur frivolous blabberings ... and say those were good old days ... ;)

At this point U are waiting for a "shot" to make it BIG ...

That day is not far away, the "hiatus ..." will close, and "days of thunder!" will follow suit ...

I hope u remember me, when u become a big shot !!!

As for accusations of Caligynephobia, the "Professional" Shyam might be completely different from our "Student" Shyam, so everyone watch out for his new avatar ...

He is a really smart and cheeky fella, who knows all ... and a HARD WORKER !

GEEN :)

3:45 PM  
Blogger sportonomics said...

nice blog da....by the way wot do u want me to try out?....

7:37 PM  
Blogger Shubhankar said...

Hmmm....why do I get the impression that u have still taken to restraint when describing urself & ur "accomplishments"..?? ;-)

& btw...am i one of the remarkable gentleman who asked u abt the celibacy thing..?? hahahha...LMAO

4:50 PM  
Blogger Abhishek Saha said...

Well the 6 wierd things idea was cool. I actually liked the post a lot, man. Keep them coming.

3:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

[B]NZBsRus.com[/B]
Dont Bother With Idle Downloads With NZB Downloads You Can Swiftly Search High Quality Movies, Console Games, MP3 Singles, Software & Download Them at Dashing Speeds

[URL=http://www.nzbsrus.com][B]NZB Search[/B][/URL]

5:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It isn't hard at all to start making money online in the undercover world of [URL=http://www.www.blackhatmoneymaker.com]blackhat[/URL], It's not a big surprise if you don't know what blackhat is. Blackhat marketing uses little-known or not-so-known ways to generate an income online.

12:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home