Tuesday, March 14, 2006

After a slumber!

Yawn...It's been aeons since I last visited my blog,not that it receives 2 millions hits a day, & not that I was buzy doing things what you would even remotely term "productive"...[:p].The reason,you guessed it right,was sheer laziness.So before it gets the better of me,I hasten to add:
"aaaaaah!"I woke up with a shriek.It was another of those bloody nightmares & those unsightly creatures were unwilling to let go of me.I slowly rubbed my eyes to find,much to my relief,the morning sun glare down on me.And as is oft the case with me on Sundays & most other holidays,I rolled about restlessly in my bed for a good deal of time.I could see my mom walk past at the corner of my eye."How on earth do moms wake so damn early each morn??" I mumbled to myself. I was just beginning to recover from the nightmare when I heard another shriek.This time,it was my mom,berating me for staying in bed for so long.Yawn!I had slept for more than 9 hours. Not the best of ways to start your day,more so if you have an important exam to contend with,TOEFL in this case.It was already 9.
I eventually got going,if u understand what I mean. I brushed my teeth,gulped down my boost & all that.Then,I sauntered through to the hall to have a glance at the newspaper,pressure of the exam notwithstanding.Kumble had wrecked the English Boat with four wickets,less than a week after England's dominant performance at Nagpur.A commendable achievement that,considering the intermittent appearence of the rain gods.As I sat reading,realization dawned on me that the match was in progress at that very moment.I lunged for the remote & switched on the T.V.Munaf Patel,the well-stacked youngster,& Kumble,the wily old fox were in operation.While the old guard was pegging away at the hapless Englishmen,the budding youngster,at his end,was working up good pace.He ran in hard & bowled with lot of verve,getting the ball to reverse,much to the dismay of Jones & FLintoff.And it therefore came as no surprise when Jones chopped one on to his stumps.Overs later,Plunkett went LBW to a deadly yorker.Soon after,Hoggard followed suit & eventually England was bowled out. In the meantime,it was getting a little late for my exam.I had to leave.Pity that I wasn't able to track the match any further!
It was an extremely hot day.And if that wasn't enough,the center was at a far flung place(rather it was my house that was far flung..lol).I reached the place a good half hour before the appointed time.Soon,I was called in.There were about 15-20 candidates along with me,some tense,some worried,& some both.Some characters,much to my annoyance,were buzy with their last minute preparations even in the rest room.I spent my time chatting away with a rather laid back character(much like yours truly),who said he was from IIT. Soon after,we went to the testing room.The test got underway & I was initially at sea.The listening section had ripped me apart,with all those irksome lectures pertaining to Botany,American History & the like.The Structure section that followed suit was a breeze.Reading comprehension wasn't bad either.I wrote some crap in the writing section(*much like what I am doing now*)& left the place.
It took me 2 long hours in the bus.The sickening Chennai traffic didn't help one bit.I returned home totally debilitated,not an ounce of energy remaining in the body.And today,as I write this(after treating myself with the choicest of foods at Park Sheraton),I realize I have an exam tomorrow!


ADIOS...

2 Comments:

Blogger shaaaaaaam said...

Thanks..[:)]..score range was 227-->283..keepin my fingers crossd!

9:06 AM  
Blogger Priyanka Malkan said...

hey! did not know you had a blog.. Good going! i likd this one.. TOEFL huh? dint know that either!

BTW fine language and good usage.. nice one... keep posting!

11:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home